Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Monkey Macaroni

Ariana shared this very simple concoction with me several years ago, and I have been making it ever since. This is, hands down, Micah's favorite thing to make and eat! He has helped me make this so many times that I am positive he could make it all by himself. I always feel good about him eating this... tons of good healthy protein and fiber!!

1 box Annie's Organic Whole Wheat Shells & White Cheddar
1 Handful of Organic Sweet Peas
3 Slices of Turkey Bacon
Parmigiano-Reggiano (The real thing. No imitations.)

Cook the macaroni according to box directions. Toss in a handful of peas during the last minutes of cooking time. Strain. Add splash of milk, touch of butter and cheese powder. Crumble up turkey bacon (cooked in toaster oven/microwave) and stir together. Sprinkle grated parmigiano-reggiano over the top.

The majority of the time we make this, I don't add the bacon or Parmesan. Those only get added when Mommy is partaking in the meal. Micah will happily gobble, gobble up the macaroni and peas all by themselves!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I need to try this...sounds like some good ole comfort food for me! (love some pasta!)

xoxo D